Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ode to April...by Melody

You know an "ode" should rhyme and be put in verses.Like this:

Oh April how we admire
Thy hard and honest work
How relentlessy you toil
To make all the lists without a quirk
Your hands were greatly needed
As we cut chicken from the bone
As we toiled hard with labored brows
And got the work all done
It would have been far simpler
If you could have been around
But in your absence food still got made
Recipes pound after pound
Next month maybe you'll have the chance
To work alongside once again
But until then we will have to listen
To Kris say everynow and then...
"If April were here you would seecooking at its best.
Alas till then you will haveto settle with slicing chicken breast"

3 comments:

Melody said...

lol. Silly lady.

April said...

I am in danger of falling off my chair--what poetical humor! LOL!

Melody said...

I was in danger while I was writing it, I was at work in the ER and all the nurses kept wondering why I was laughing so hard :)