Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Six Years Ago Today






































































I really miss my Dad. Wow. How I wish my kids could climb up on his lap and listen to one of his great stories, build things in the shop, or help cook in the kitchen. I miss his voice of reason and humor. I miss his big strong hands and the fact that he was the only one in the world who could EVER call me Igor and make me smile. I miss seeing his very recognizable limp, but huge, strong body. He was my definition of an overcomer.








3 comments:

Melody said...

I'm sorry. So very sorry for you my dear lady.

Julie Hedeen said...

I am better because John showed me what REAL intelligence is--not performing well on tests, or knowing a lot of big words, but "getting it done" in real life. Calluses, sweat, skinned knuckles and all. (and a few not so holy comments on occasion!)

Kristen said...

I recall they were more than just occasional, especially when plumbing!