Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer!

I absolutely love this time of year. I have my first (and hopefully only) sunburn, the garden is getting planted and I have flowers that need daily watering. Never mind that just last week we got frost, it was just in the upper 90's this week! Minnesota has got to be one of the most peculiar places in the world at least concerning weather. Maybe that's why I like it here. I get bored when things stay the same, our weather patterns suit me. Variable and unpredictable. Love it!
The boys have been playing with the hose outside, and the older kids have mounted a sprinkler to the trampoline. I love watching them from the kitchen window...kids laughing, playing, and getting along for HOURS. What could be better?
Michael has set up a "new" clothesline (that was Grandma Joyce's, so it's actually very old, but solid iron), the lawn needs it's second mowing, and the garden could use some weeding already. The kids will be done with schoolwork next week and the graduation invites are in our mailbox daily. If only the pools were open...

4 comments:

KaiCeder said...

If I had it to do over again, I would get a big backyard pool. You know, the really big kind.

Our favorite place to go swimming was down at the creek off of Double O in Hager. Now that was summer fun at it's best!

Kristen said...

We've talked about a pool, but I would like all my kids to know how to swim first. We don't get to the pool much because it's such an ordeal to get everything loaded up and take the grand adventure. Then it's not much fun to try to keep everyone spotted in the massive crowd. Maybe we should revisit the pool idea... I think you might be right. I just need to make sure "Frank and Jesse" are safe!

April said...

The kids were bugging about getting in the pool those two days it was over 90! haha! Tomorrow the cover comes off and the solar cover goes on, filter will get hooked up and running. I'd still give it a couple weeks to get up to a temp *I* like, but the kids will be clambering to get in right away... and suffer from hypothermia!

You can cover over here anytime!!!

Amber E said...

You can borrow the saying we use in Chicago "if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change". Lol, it sounds like you have had some temperature extremes - hope you did not lose any plants with the frost. Swimming sounds like fun. It is too hot here also...