Monday, April 20, 2009

God in Grapefruit



I was just finishing supper this evening and having some peeled grapefruit for a healthy dessert when I started thinking that everything in nature must point to the Creator. I was staring at my grapefruit and looking at its design. Think of how much juice is held in one grapefruit. Then peel off the outer layer. Beneath there are sections. Peel the sections apart, then peel off their outer covering. Inside are "little bags of juice", for lack of the scientific names right now. That amazes me. Grapefruit juice is triple-wrapped for freshness and protection. How could this possibly happen by chance and billions of years? We have a Creator who delights in giving us good things! Isn't He simply amazing?

Psalm 19:1-4
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
Their words to the ends of the world.

8 comments:

Julie Hedeen said...

And we know He has a sense of humor because after He got us all used to grapefruits and oranges, He made kumquats! Sweet peel SOUR inside! He does the best jokes too!

Kristen said...

I know. He is never boring!

Melody said...

My pastor calls oranges "juice boxes"
its great!

E. Chikeles said...

Your pastor?! He's my pastor! lol

And he calls them individual juice boxes- shaped to fit your mouth. I was totally going to comment that Melody!

Now I want to try a Kumquat.

Melody said...

Ok he's my pastor too! For real...we can share Ella, isn't that what sisiters are good at?

Kristen said...

Aren't sisters great? No fighting in the sandbox, girls!

E. Chikeles said...

Perhaps it is not your fault... but I had a very crazy pregnant dream about zombies and grapefruits last night... I don't know if I can read your blog anymore. lol

Melody said...

Wow Beth. I sure hope this baby comes out normal after spending all these months with you...