Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sally Stripe


John has a new friend, her name is Sally Stripe. She is just starting to get her feathers, she is light golden colored with a black stripe on her head. It's so cute! Every morning after breakfast, he has to go out to the garage to hold his friend, Sally. Yes, she is a chicken and I really hope she survives because this is the first animal he has shown interest in. He is holding her well, without dropping her or squishing her and I don't even feel like I need to be there, hovering for the chick's safety. My little boy is growing up... Sniff, sniff...

4 comments:

Julie Hedeen said...

You must take a picture of him and his chicken. Maybe he could take it to the fair. And don't worry, he's a boy. They really never seem to grow up in our family. (Happy birthday Michael!)

Laura said...

yeah! I want to see this sally stripe! mom can I have a chicken too?? Please?

Julie Hedeen said...

Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but Sally Stripe is no longer with us. John has already picked out his next Sally Stripe--apparently for him they can be interchangeable . . . Could I interest you in a very serviceable, only slightly used barn cat? He is quite fast on three legs! And extremely loyal.

Julie Hedeen said...

Tumbleweed goes by . . .