Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh, My Aching Back!


Do you ever have those days when it seems like there is no limit to what you can accomplish? However, the next day it hurts to get out of bed and all you can muster up the energy to do is sit on the computer and check your email? I'm having one of those days. Yesterday I got up early, we got our schoolwork done by 9:30-10am, cleaned the basement, cleaned 2 bathrooms, cleaned out the hamster's cage, got 2/3 of the laundry done, delivered something to a friend and visited for a while, got home had another couple friends over, made supper, cleaned up supper, moved chicks to the barn, cleaned out the butcher chickens' cages, put in fresh bedding, fixed their waterers so they won't leak, fed them, cleared dead weeds out of the garden, attempted to help Matthew set gopher traps (I'm no trapper, he made that clear) made popcorn for Hannah, Joshua, and I, talked with Michael for a few minutes, then CRASHED!
Now that I have written this all out, I feel justified for hurting and being VERY tired. I slogged around this morning feeling guilty for not doing anything, but I think I'm over that. I originally was going to write and ask for encouragement to get out in my garden and plant my lettuce and peas (April told me hers were planted last week, so I'm feeling a little pressure to try to keep up!)
I'm thinking I'm going to lie on the couch with a hot pack, and a snuggly blanket...
I'm taking the day off.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, I couln't take the day off. Michael called and reminded me that I had him till the garden last night and the number of evenings he will till for me is likely going to be limited. Then offered some very encouraging words but was probably thinking, "You had me spend a whole evening out there wrestling that beast of a tiller... tell ME about aching backs!"
I took the hint. The kids did most of the actual work (Thank you Matthew and Hannah!!) and we got 6 rows planted in one hour. Now can I lie and the couch and feel sorry for myself?

Amber E said...

Oh my goodness. I'm exhausted just reading that. Just think in a few days when you back is better you will be looking back at today with a sense of accomplishment. Ummm, let's see people called up and were crabby and I had to sit and politely listen until they stopped yelling and then fix the problem. It just doesn't sound as bad so your day was worse. On the plus side we had pizza at work. But you have animals and scenery. Scenery is very nice. Okay just checking in, hi to everyone.

Kristen said...

I sometimes have to listen to crabby people yell at me then try to fix their problem, usually I can't fix their problem. They're just frustrated and MAD. I would rather do back breaking work than have emotional drain! I admire you for being able to do that. Do you work in customer service?? Frontline work, that is!

Amber E said...

Awww, thank you! I feel tough and appreciated now. Hope the back is better today.