Sunday, February 17, 2008

Single Parenting Stinks...Period.

Be thinking of us this week as Michael will be gone to San Diego. I tried to whine my way out of it, but it didn't work. I tried pouting, glaring, then the "I don't like you anymore" tactics, but none of them were successful. I will be alone for four days with four kids. That sounds like a reality TV program. Yikes! Anyone got suggestions for how to keep my house from total disaster or how to keep from being the "evil mommy" (I know you've all met her)?
I don't do single parenting well. I complain a lot, whine a little, and try to stay busy and distracted. I wish I had planned something fun in advance with the kids, but it kind of snuck up on me.
Sooo... Here I am, on the eve of single-parentdom, with nothing planned. Maybe we could reorganize his tools? Rearrange the office? I know!! Go through his clothes and cull out underwear and socks! I'm open to suggestions...

4 comments:

Julie Hedeen said...

I have lots of suggestions--I'm not sure all of them are legal. Hmmm. They changed the recipe for Dimetapp so that's out. There is sending them to Grandma's for the week--oops--wait, now I'm the Grandma. I'd love to have them, but you know, work, all that . . . I know! April's kids are bored and lonely! And Penny! and Ronda! Seriously, looking ahead at a week like that seems like approaching a monolith, but as you get right to it, it's just a series of smaller time increments, each one with it's own surprises. And you and the kids together will miss Michael. And of course, he won't be able to sleep at all in that great big bed all by himself. (Or maybe he'll have a hard time waking up--no little alarm clocks!) Maybe you guys could come for dinner Monday or Tuesday?

Kristen said...

You're on, Mom! Dinner at your house! I'll bring the napkins...
Hee-hee!

Julie Hedeen said...

Tonight or tomorrow? Either one is fine.

Julie Hedeen said...

OK one day is down, three to go! And the retreat this weekend is just Friday night and Saturday morning. Piece of cake! (Easy for me to say, right?)