Saturday, June 28, 2008

Facebook and Old Friends

A couple months ago I got started on this Facebook thing, which to be honest, I don't fully understand. However, it's been a good thing! I have found lots of people I hardly ever see, like cousins, etc and now recently my friend, Bonnie, from high school. I don't think I have seen Bonnie for ten years and she was in my wedding! Just lost touch. She found me just the other day on Facebook and in emailing, it has been so fun reconnecting and learning what's been going on in her life and how good God is. His blessings are beyond measure. Thank you , Lord! One thing I have learned in my walk with Him is that our relationships are no accident. They serve a purpose and we rarely see the big picture of His plan. I look forward to seeing more of what He's got. Bonnie, if you're reading this, it's good to have you back. I've missed you!

3 comments:

Bonnie Leese said...

Kris, I too am glad to have you back! I remember that wedding well! I was the shortest girl with the tallest guy and my shoes were a half size too small... PEACH head piece and a longggggg service. But love was in the air! I too have missed you and find it amazing how God works things out! He knew we would be joined together again and bringing glory to His Name! Love ya, sister in Christ! - Bonnie

Kristen said...

Sorry about the long service... as I remember it was also about 300 degrees in the church. My dress had long sleeves and LOTS of layers! Anyway, if we could do it over we would have just had the reception since we were already married but every part of it meant something special to us. Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget us!!
I look forward to standing next to you in the choir (I warn you, I'm not a great singer).

Unknown said...

I don't know how it works (the programming part) but they did a wonderfull job, I have many friends who met again friends they had not seen for years.
For example boss's assistant suscribe to facebook 3 weeks ago and she already found 12 forgotten friends and 3 members of her family...
I'm not yet on facebook but i'll think about it...