Thursday, June 5, 2008

Indiana Jones in My Very Own House

John has been on an Indiana Jones kick for months now. The theme music is constantly being hummed by him, and we have grown used to it. Like its the theme music in our home. He has found many unique bullwhips: yarn, shoelaces, belts (dangerous), and my personal favorite... rhubarb. He spontaneously quotes lines from the first, third and fourth movies (we skipped the second-too scary!). Usually we have no idea what he's talking about. He also has found creative substitutes for grapevines: the swings with one side disconnected, the cord for the blinds (NOT allowed), and most creative award goes to those things hanging from the sides of my body, commonly called "arms".
We call him "Indy", for short.
Gotta love it.

4 comments:

Julie Hedeen said...

You do gotta love him! He is so full of joy. Which takes me back to school conference quite a few years ago when a teacher strongly suggested that we NOT watch "6 Million Dollar Man" (cheap at today's prices)on Sunday evenings because when we did Greg WAS the 6 Million Dollar Man until Wednesday! So at least John isn't at the stage where you need him to do math :>&

Valerie said...

A few weeks ago the theme song was the "Bob the builder" theme song coincidentally it was in french. If you know the theme song sing it sounded like this, instead of Boob the buiilder, it was Looooo deee caader. and I guess I don't know the rest. But it sounded very french. Anyhow, coming from a four year old it could have been anything.

Kristen said...

Funny, I forgot that! John changed the language on his Bob the Builder DVD to French and was singing it over and over. Now I kind of miss it...

Amber E said...

I do enjoy Indiana Jones, as a kid I loved playing the computer game for Indiana Jones computer game Dad got me. I'm glad that 'Indy' aka John is having fun.