Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby Updates...

I have been busy, busy, busy... going through clothes, washing, sorting, etc. Today we moved the changing table into the master bathroom and set up the dressers for John and Josh. Now I'm washing baby clothes and getting very excited to meet baby. After I get all the baby stuff set up, I will be on to cooking. My plan is to have two months worth of suppers in the freezer before the end of the month. Well, that's my goal. Problem is, I've been having LOTS of contractions. Seems like minimal work brings it on. In fact, today I got the dressers set up, but Matthew did all the moving for me. So basically today, I have just done laundry. Now I'm in bed for the rest of the evening in bed with my feet up. If I get up and walk...contraction. Driving me crazy. Is this how it is for baby #5? Anyone been there?
I worked last weekend and by Sunday, all I could do was cry.
4-6 weeks to go...

3 comments:

Amber Tezel said...

No experience with baby #5 here, but I'll pray that you can make it through the next month or so and get everything done that you need! I'm available to help if you ever need it!! Take care Kris! Time goes so slow when you are pregnant, but it is amazing how fast it goes once they are born, isn't it? <3

Kris said...

I'm hoping today will be a better day. Chiropractor appt. this morning should help things! I'm just on the the steep, uphill climb and I think I recall being here before. It would be fun to get together, though. Maybe we should coordinate schedules?

Julie Hedeen said...

Song for a Fifth Child

by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep