Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's Going On

I have really been missing my blog. I really am not avoiding it, I love it. However there are only so many hours in a day and we are right now on project overload. I snuck outside for a few minutes this morning to take some pics of what is going on at our little farm. The one I affectionately call the "Victory Farm". The meaning behind that name is definitely the subject of another post, but not today.

I have been spending every spare moment I have weeding the garden, hoping this year I will be Victorious over the weeds. (hint to upcoming post). So far, the weeds have about a 50% foothold, but the battle is really just beginning and I do have 4 children, two of which have reached the Age of Helpfulness...so there is hope.

So, without further ado, I present to you...

Victory Farm












6 comments:

April said...

Great pictures... but how do you make the ground look purple in the first one??? Was that the sun playing with the colors? Anyhow, it all looks absolutely marvelous! You take much better pictures than I do!

April said...

...and the peas are looking amazing, BTW!

Kristen said...

Thanks! Notice there is only one picture of the weedy garden. One is nice and neat and weeded, the other is a jungle. I suppose I should post a more honest portayal of our gardens...nah.

April said...

Hey, I posted some new pics on my blog, too! I will have to make another web album with all the pics. I ended up with one that had purple things in it, too! Strange thing...

Melody said...

Now lets pretend all the chickens in that last picture are dead...OH WAIT...
Yeh.

Julie Hedeen said...

My sympathies on your loss.