Saturday, December 27, 2008

What Not to Do Next Year for Christmas (Note to Self)



Ok, I tend to overdo it. Those who really know me are not surprised by this. I did it again this Christmas... I spent too much, I baked too much, I worried too much, I ate too much. Next year will be different, right? Here's what I don't need to do anymore:


1. Feel like my gifts to others need to be their "wow" gift. Something little and thoughtful is enough. I don't need spend a lot.


2. Less is truly more with the kids. They don't need several gifts to be happy. One thing each is enough. Besides, Grandma makes up the difference :-)


3. I think that by the time we get to Christmas morning, they would actually prefer fruit and beef jerky in their stockings rather than loads more candy. Remember all the pie and cookies at Grandma's the night before? Also, pies and cookies Christmas Day... Candy is NOT needed, or appreciated!


4. I don't need to bake Christmas cookies. Again, Grandma makes up for it.


5. I don't need to make lefse, unless I make it with a group of friends and it is a fun event. Otherwise, it is just more fat and sugar I feel compelled to eat.


6. Don't go shopping with only a list of names and no ideas. This is bad. :-(


7. Don't go shopping alone. I need a chaperone!


8. Don't buy wrapping paper. I have enough.


9. Don't assume I have bows, ribbon and tape. I don't.


10. Don't get so busy I forget to spend time with Jesus, my family and friends. They are the point of the whole holiday, right?

No comments: